European Centre of Expertise (ECE) in the field of employment and labour market policies
Client: EC DG Employment, Social affairs & inclusion
Duration: August 2020 - ongoing
Partners: ICF (lead), CELSI and EFTHEIA (Subcontractors)
Geographic coverage: EU MS
The ECE in the field of labour law and employment and labour market polices manages and coordinates a pool of highly qualified experts in labour law (LOT1) and in employment and labour market policies (LOT 2). The aim is to mobilise quickly high-level experts on specific thematic areas and/or country issues. The ECE is lead by ICF, with EFTHEIA and CELSI as subcontractors for LOT 2 on employment and labour market policies.
The purpose of the services in the area of economic and policy aspects of labour markets is to:
• provide specific analysis of the present and planned implementation of country specific recommendations by the Members States and National Employment Policy documents (in case of candidate countries and potential candidates).
• provide thorough analysis of practices implemented by employment services, social partners, civil society organisations and other practitioners on the ground and assess their efficiency and return on investment, so as to improve future policy proposals.
• report on and assess labour market dynamics, trends and policies in specific countries;
• provide the Commission with thematic researches concerning labour market related thematic topics;
• Organise events (i.e. thematic seminar, expert meetings) on labour market related thematic topics.